POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Spline Woes : Spline Woes Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:42:32 EDT (-0400)
  Spline Woes
From: How Camp
Date: 11 Dec 2002 21:44:48
Message: <3df7f820@news.povray.org>
Okay, I admit I'm not so hot with splines.  I'm trying to make a path for my
camera.  I'm using Chris Colefax's Clock includes, which are fabulous.
However, I'd like to use a spline to determine my camera's path.

I have a list of vectors where I'd like my camera to be at certain times.
However, the camera needs to linger in some positions longer than others.
So, I've been typing in spline values all evening long, and not really
getting what I want.

Er, so the question is:  What methods are there for creating a nice camera
path via splines?  I've tried some spline editors, but I can't seem to find
one that allows me to gracefully enter my specific coordinates, and then
output an array of data in some for (text file, even to the screen,
whatever).

Any advice from the pros?

- How